Following the Permaculture Design Course, the Appropriate Technology course, led by Tim Barker, takes the permaculture principles to the next level by applying some crafty science and engineering to basic life essentials like hot water and water catchment. With this course, you'll cover a wide range of topics and get real life experience building the systems you'll need to live comfortably and sustainably
$1100 until the end of March
The PDC and ATC Combo
$2750 until the end of March
1. Solar - (passive, heating, cookers, ovens, dryers. Panels, charging, storage, lighting, mobile powered units).
2. Heating Temperate shelters - rocket stoves ( dimensions, materials, uses (hotwater, oven, cooking, mass heating). wood stoves, solar, thermal mass, insulation, floors, composting. Thermal mass greenhouses
3. Cooling Tropical shelters - shade, wind, ground cooling ducts, orientation, thermal mass, roofs
4. Water - filtering, purity, potibility, design, pumps, swales, ponds, air wells, drilled wells, collection systems, storage, IBC's, Grey water (recycling, uses, low cost methods, legal, productive uses)
5. Sustainability - energy audits, home, farm, food security - measurement
6. BioChar - production and use
7. Compost Toilets - Types, designs, Humanure, urine, safety, regulation, reality.
A great group of experienced instructors. Learn more.
Lots of really cool Appropriate technology and natural buildings. Learn more.
While tent camping is included, you can pay a bit more to stay in one of the cool buildings. Learn more.
Oh god! Did I mention the food. Wow! Learn more.
You will probably learn a huge amount from other participants just as they will from you. Many friendships last long after the PDC is finished.