Most of our PDC students for the last 2 years have attended both the PDC and the ATC. We are doing that again this year. We are also running a "Peasant" PDC which is a less expensive option for a PDC.
- Peasant PDC: May 22 - June 21, 2018
- Homesteaders PDC: June 23 - July 7, 2018
- ATC Appropriate Technology Course (this course): July 9 - July 20, 2018
We filmed all of the previous 2017 permaculture design course and the appropriate technology course. All 177 hours of video is now available HERE!
The students and staff took a lot of photos and video of the 2017 PDC. Take a look HERE!
The ATC Quick Look
Everybody will get to build a rocket mass heater shippable core, and those that add in the $200 materials cost can take it home, or ship it to themselves.
Other projects include:
- Improving an Electrical Tractor - Mobile Power for your Tools and Toys with a Volts Wagon
- Build a Small Insulated, Moveable Cottage on Skids
- Build Cheap, Safe Composting Toilets and Graywater Gardening Systems
- Enhancing the Solar Voltswagon with Direct 12v and better inverter choices
- Water Catchment and Off Grid, Low Pressure Plumbing
- Metal Shop (Mig Welder, Torch, Grinder, Saws)
- Field Wood Shop (Solar Powered Chain Saw & Saw Mill)
- Finding Water for Your Homestead Well
- Improving Existing Water Resources
- Understanding and Tuning your Energy Needs
- Performing Basic Electrical Repairs
Following the Permaculture Design Course, the Appropriate Technology course, led by Chris McClellan, takes the permaculture principles to the next level by applying some crafty science and engineering to basic life essentials like hot water and water catchment. With this course, you'll cover a wide range of topics and get real life experience building the systems you'll need to live comfortably and sustainably
- PDC only $1250
- ATC only $1250
- Both ATC and PDC $1950
Information on work trade here.